Collection & Distribution Systems Operator Information
In November of 1978, the Colorado Plant Operators Certification Board took steps to gather together a group of water and wastewater professionals who were interested in setting up a voluntary certification program for distribution and collection systems personnel. These people represented municipalities and special water and sanitation districts. The program is geared for the field employees in water distribution and wastewater collection systems. The program became a mandatory program in 2001 when federally mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
In May of 1981, the first certification exams were held in Boulder, Colorado. In November of 1981, the first annual "Short School" was conducted at the University of Colorado in Boulder immediately prior to the second set of certification exams. The Certification Council incorporated under the "Colorado Water and Wastewater Systems Certification Council, Inc." in November of 1982 and have actively tested and certified qualified operators since the first exam in 1981.
2170 S Parker Road # 290
Denver, CO 80231
Same Phone #: 303.394.8994
Same Fax #: 303.394.3450
When paying by check or credit card, please be aware of the following: checks should be made payable to OCPO; Only one check per operator, per application and/or certificate request. Checks returned for insufficient funds and/or credit card disputes will be subjected to an additional administration fee.
Test results: Posted approximately 4-5 weeks from test date. Individual results are mailed approximately 5-6 weeks.
Operator Pass List by Location
- Leadville, July 20 & 21, 2018
- Durango, September 08, 2018
- Pueblo, September 21,2018
- Montrose, October 05, 2018
- Rifle, October 06, 2018
Operators Certification Program Office
2170 S Parker Road # 290
Denver, Colorado 80231
Phone: (303) 394-8994
FAX: (303) 394-3450
To view information on the following, please go to http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/op/ocb/index.html
- Colorado Operators Certification Statute
- Expense Reimbursement Grant for Operator Certification Water Distribution
- Colorado Plant Operator Certification Information
- Colorado Operator Certification Regulation (As revised effective April 2006)
- Exam Instructions and Application for Treatment Plant Operators
- Recommended Study Material Regarding Preparation for Water, Industrial Wastewater and Wastewater Treatment Certification Examinations.
- WWFOCB Meetings
- Upcoming Meeting Agenda
- Hearing Notices
- WWFOCB Meeting Minute